This module has helped me think about student-centered assessment in the following ways:
1. Honest peer assessment is an issue for all ages .
2. Modeling the expectations both good and bad may help students better understand how to assess their peers.
3. Possibly assess the student who is doing the assessing as a part of their grade. Include this on the rubaric.
4. Do not let friends assess each other (or enemies).
5. Students may not understand the rubric (or say they don't); you could have them sign a contract which indicates that they understand.
6. A well thought out and prepared rubric make for easy grading. There is no misunderstanding of the expectations by the students or instructor.